Rugby Casefile: The Mystery of the Star-Eaters
Rugby First, supported by the Warwickshire Towns Network, are proud to present this new, one-day live adventure game in partnership with Casebook Events.
Detective Inspector Ranney of the local constabulary has asked for your expertise with a difficult case; the disappearance of Professor Macclesbury, a university Professor who was researching Rugby’s hidden subterranean areas.
The Professor was a well-connected man. With pressure coming down on the Inspector from the university and the local council and a pile of unsolved cases backlogged he’s brought you in to lend a hand.
He’ll give you everything he’s got on the Professor in his case-file but the rest is up to you.
Out of time and out of luck, he’s counting on you to help solve this mystery - but everything isn’t quite as it seems and a dark cloud of conspiracy hangs over the town.
With twists and turns that include a thousand year-old legend and a mythical ancient treasure this is one adventure that you’ll never forget!
Casefile: The Mystery of the Star-Eaters is a live choose your own adventure game where you play as a ‘consulting detective’ for the local constabulary.
For one day only on Saturday 18th March, over a dozen secret locations around Rugby town centre, some usually off-limits to the public, will be taking part in the game.
Players will be able to collect their manila case-files at any time in the morning and begin their adventure by following the threads of information - wherever they may take them. Piece together the trail left behind by the Professor, question witnesses and solve the puzzles as the incredible story is slowly revealed to you.
The game will take approximately 2-3 hours to play with players free to complete it at any time from 10am until 4pm.
A mini-mystery sheet will be provided to under 12 year-olds that they can play concurrently with the main game.
Some of the feedback received from previous events:
“This was a brilliant event, well organised. We really enjoyed the day. Well done, a fantastic event.” Susan Crossley, Buxton
“Awesome day.” Ben Whitnell, Norwich
“GREAT GREAT DAY Everyone was very informative and played their parts perfectly. Can’t wait for the next one.” Ann Wilkinson, Facebook
“A most excellent and interesting event, well done! #stareaters we did it.” Graham Wk, Twitter
- On event day players need to bring their printed tickets to the collection point from 9am-1pm. (If any tickets are still available on event day they will only be available to purchase from the collection point stand.)
- Players will be issued with special 'consulting detective' passes (that will gain them entry to participating locations) and their case-files.
- Players have until 4pm to finish the game - it should take between 2-3 hours to complete.
Rugby First have made an exclusive deal with Casebook Events to be able to offer a £2 off discount code for every adult ticket you purchase - simply enter RUGBYFIRST2OFF when prompted to receive the discount.
- Adults - £12 (before discount)
- Accompanied under 12 year-old’s - Free Entry
IMPORTANT - Please Note:
- Accessibility - Due to the nature of the story players may need to climb stairs.
- Smartphone/tablet Necessary - As part of the game players will need internet access and the ability to watch videos.
- Time Constraint - Some locations close at 4pm which means that players will need to conclude the game before this time.
- Under 12’s - Must be accompanied by an adult to gain free passes. They must be registered on the accompanying adult's ticket.